Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Introduction

My name is Matt Moore and I am a Physical Education teacher at Bellevue West High School. I am also a coach of 3 sports, Football, Basketball and Track. I was born and raised in Omaha where I attended high school at Omaha Gross. I completed both my undergard and masters program at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. I have a 2 year old daughter and 9 month old twin boys that keep me very busy and very grounded.
My experience with technology is very limited. I am a person who checks my email, bank account and my gradebook on a daily basis. Other than that I do not use technology all that much. I am a PC person because that is what the district gave me ha! I teach Physical Education so I do not use technology a lot in my classes. A great amount of time in my class is spent participating in various activities or sports.
With my limited experience in technology I feel that I need to improve in this area. Promoting 21st cetury learners and effectively communicating with my students is very important to me as a teacher. I feel if I am going to be successful in this area I need to become more educated in the technology field. This is why I am taking this course and hope to take many things back to my students and athletes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Matt! Great job setting up your blog!! It looks great! And your daughter is adorable! Too bad my daughter (11 months old) won't keep the sunglasses we have for her on for more then 1 second! I think it is great that even though you are a PE teacher you are exploring technology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture. I hope you put on sunscreen. I hope you get better at technology too so you can take over hudl.

    ReplyDelete